Options is seeking community participation in the following working committees: Marketing, Social Media/Web Presence, Strategic Planning, Communications, Finance, Innovation/Community Involvement, and Governance/Personnel.
Each group will be led by two members of the Options board, with Options staff members assigned to the committees as well. Meetings will typically be held once or twice a month for an hour or so.
We need community members of all stripes to join these teams to enhance community involvement with the online publication and our broad-based community and advocacy efforts. If you have professional experience or a strong interest in any one of these areas, we’d love for you to join us. The Options team values diverse perspectives and encourages volunteers of all backgrounds, identities, and abilities to inquire about how you can enrich our committees with your passion and expertise!
We invite you to review the proposed Working Committees below, and email email@example.com to discuss these opportunities or to offer feedback.
· Oversee the marketing functions of Options.
· Prepare marketing policies and procedures.
· Staff liaison: Advertising Manager Finance
· Oversee the financial operations of Options.
· Prepare reports on a monthly, quarterly, and/or annual basis as needed.
· Work with the Treasurer and other stakeholders to prepare an annual budget. Social Media/Web presence
· Oversee the social media functions of Options.
· Actively participate in social media outreach.
· Oversee website development.
· Staff liaison: Social Media Manager Strategic Planning
· Create a strategic plan for Options.
· Prepare action plans for implementation of the strategic plan.
· Monitor action plans on a monthly, quarterly, and/or annual basis.
· Explore opportunities for Options to be strategically involved in the larger community.
· Propose new and innovative ways for Options to interact with the community.
· Staff liaison: Editor
· Oversee organizational structure.
· Oversee compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and compliance issues.
· Oversee hiring and supervision of all paid staff and supervision of volunteers
· Maintain database of Options contacts (subscribers/readers, advertisers, donors).
· Prepare and send donor thank you emails and/or letters.
We look forward to getting to know you and working together to strengthen our local LGBTQ+ community! Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.